08 9 / 2014
01 9 / 2014
Basically eating right and working out have been on my (way) backburner the past year…hell, the last two years. I really have not cared - eating whatever I want, whenever I want. Hating the way I look and feel, but ignoring it.
Pat and I just got back from our honeymoon, and he has finally hit the “enough is enough” point in his weight. I’ve hit this point a million times the past year, but his indifference has been my biggest hurdle. It’s SO much more difficult to be healthy when your partner has no desire to be.
But now he is, and I’m using this moment to be our catalyst. To get healthy. To eat right. And to get our asses moving.
Here’s the game plan:
- No fast food. Ever. If we do, it will be Subway or maybe (maybe!) Chipotle.
- Eating in every night. Since we’re on a tight budget now that the wedding is over, this is essential to our bank account and our waistlines. I think this alone will help us, as we eat fast food SO much and I know that is the reason we have gained so much weight since moving in together.
- Exercising at least 3x a week. Our goal is to run/jog to the gym three nights a week, lift weights there, then jog/walk back home. It’s about 1 mile to the gym from our house, so that seems like a great start to getting fit. Who knows, maybe before long we’ll be doing even longer runs to the gym.
- Packing lunches. This goes along with saving money, but since we don’t allow much junk food in our house, this will allow us to eat mostly healthy at work as well.
- And because all these things will probably help Pat drop a ton of weight but leave me where I am, I am going to start doing the No S diet again. No sweets, no snacks and no seconds - except for days that start with S. I need some kind of barrier between me and the donuts/candy/junk people bring into work, and having these hard and fast rules help. It’s not as strict as counting calories, but I think it will help me focus more on the healthy food than the crap. At least I hope?
So that’s it. That’s the plan. Starting tomorrow. Wish us luck? I plan to post photos/updates along the way, so let’s hope I can stay motivated! Now that our wedding is behind us and I’m not stressed with some project (grad school, new house, wedding, etc.), I can really focus on this. Time to get serious!
19 3 / 2013